Saturday, December 26, 2009

Amazing Faith

I have been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's new album for the past few weeks. I can't believe I just said that because the first time I listened to it I cried so hard my head ached for the rest of the day and I swore I would never be able to listen to it again. But somehow I did. And then again. I still cry, but not so much that I'm incapacitated. And now I am able to hear the words more. I think of all the emotion packed into those songs, all the moments, all the ways God has spoken to their hearts. And then I think that this album of songs can only begin to scratch the surface. The complexity of emotions that they must be feeling can't possibly be captured in such human terms. But of any album I have ever heard I believe wholeheartedly that God is speaking through it. I believe He is using this music, this family, this tragedy. I saw Steven Curtis on GMA a while back and I just was humbled all over again at his faith and his willingness to be so vulnerable in front of the world so that God could be glorified. If you have experienced loss, if you have wondered if God is able to get you through it, if you have wondered if God even exists, I encourage you to listen to this album.

You can go here to read about it in his own words:
http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/music.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I've cried many a tear over that one. I have the whole thing loaded onto my iPod (randomly) and I still find that every now and then a song will come on and stop me flat in my tracks at the gym and I will have to walk it out and do some serious deep breathing to prevent busting out in tears...

xoxo
Corey