Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shout Out and Silly Conversations

So, to sort of add to the discussion below I have to point you to two new blogs I have recently been introduced to. They are linked on the right. One is called, The Journey and it is the story of a 20 something girl/woman who is radically obedient like few I have seen. Just go read her! The other is called, Calling For Justice, and I want to go read more, but from what I gather it is a SAHM like me who saw injustice and decided to do something about it. She has auctions and stuff on her blog. She may not make the news (yet) but she is being obedient.

These two women are not doing the same thing (ok did the sesame street song just pop into your head too? - I digress) but they are both doing what God has put in front of them.

So my silly conversation goes like this: (It's between me and God by the way - He speaks to me during everyday tasks like this alot - in the summer He is my gardening companion.)

I was mopping the kitchen floor. It was gross. I thought to myself, "why am I doing this, it's just going to get dirty again," as Chance and Daniel both walk right over it.

God: "Maybe you don't mop it to make it clean. Maybe you just mop it cause it's dirty and you own a mop."

You can take that one at face value or extrapolate as far as you want. I just thought it was hilarious, and I love when God makes me smile like that.

No comments: