Friday, August 10, 2007

13 Years!



This Saturday August 11th will mark 13 years that I have been married to the absolute best husband on the planet. It is hard for me to put into words the depth of love I have for this man. I met him when I was 13 years old on a youth group mission trip. I came home and wrote in my diary that I had met the boy I wanted to marry. It took him a few more years to come to the same conclusion about me! But on July 2nd 1993 he took me to the top of Lookout Mountain, TN (where we had sneakily first held hands five years earlier) and asked me to be his wife. On August 11th, 1994 at the naive age of almost 20 and 22 we pledged our love and devotion for better or worse. I thought it would be impossible for me to love Jay anymore than I did on that day, but as I have come to know him as a husband, a father to our children, and a man following hard after God, I have come to love him so much more deeply and intimately. He has earned my respect and devotion completely. Our love is a beautiful gift from God, and I am so grateful! I wouldn't want to be doing this thing called life with anyone else by my side. Jay, you make me want to fly...

Listen to Fly by Sara Groves : http://free.napster.com/player/tracks/13706101

2 comments:

T and T Livesay said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lindsay said...

Heather and Jason... Tis neat to remember being in your lives from the beginning of your relationship. What a joy it has been for me to watch your love blossom. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary and many more wonderful years together...

Love, Lindsay