Sunday, April 15, 2007

Big God, Small Me

As I sat in the hospital waiting for Skyline to come out of surgery I finished reading my latest book, Henry Blackaby's "Experiencing God". One of the larger points in it is how God uses our obedience so that He can recieve the glory and others can come to know Him. So, when God gives you an assignment and it is 'God-sized', everyone will know it is actually Him accomplishing it through you. You alone would be completely incapable of getting it done. You know it. Everyone knows it. God gets the glory. It's a beautiful system.

Then this morning I was reading from Jonah, and I just had to laugh out loud at how awesome our God is. You see Jonah had an assignment from God, but he chose to disobey. There he was hiding out on the ship and all the sailors wondering why the terrible storm had come. When Jonah reveals it is his fault and is thrown overboard the storm immediately stops and what happens then? The sailors WORSHIP GOD! Even in Jonah's disobedience God was glorified. I love that. How awesome is our God?

No comments: