Friday, February 11, 2011

FOCUS

1. to bring into focus
2. to adjust the focal distance of (the eye, a lens etc.) in order to produce a clear image
3. to fix on one object or purpose; to concentrate

My life lacks focus at the moment. There have been times in my life when I felt it, felt God's gentle hands holding my squriming cheeks, directing my gaze, saying "look right here child, pay attention to this, it is so important to Me". I remember the passion, the attentive care I applied when I believed I was walking only just where he set my feet to walk. Such joy, knowing I was making my Heavenly Father happy. Such peace, believing that any bump on this particular path was meant for me, for my good, for my growth and shaping to become more like Him. Oh how I miss it. When did I let the other things crowd in? Could I even tell you what the "other things" are? I'm not sure. I only know that I feel like a blind man in outer space. No egdes to guide me. No sound to call me home. No comfort of feet on solid ground.

You hem me in behind and before; and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot contain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night" even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you. Psalm 139:7-12

And so as the Psalmist begged so shall I!

Search me O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and LEAD ME IN THE WAY EVERLASTING! Psalm 139:23-24

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow, Heather. Your post spoke to me today. Especially "believing that any bump on this particular path was meant for me, for my good." I entered the workplace today with adversity facing me squarely via a difficult coworker. Oh for grace to believe that the challenges God presents through her are ultimately for my good.